Large firm quality; Small firm price | Accounting & Tax Services | Serving Long Island - New York Metro Since 1984

Professional accounting and tax services

G.A. Clahar, CPA, provides accounting services for small and mid-sized companies on Long Island and in the New York metro area. We also provide tax services to individuals nationwide. We are committed to each and every client and invite you to learn more about our high-quality, personalized, reasonably priced services.


New Overtime Rules

Geraldine Clahar - Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Effective December 1, 2016 overtime rules are changing.  The change affects only salaried employees.   Under the new rules a salaried employee must earn at least $47,476 per year or $913 per week to be exempt from overtime pay. 


If you have employees in this salary range and you need the details of the new rules you may visit the Department of Labor website at


You may contact our office at 516-483-3851 for further assistance.





New Partnership tax filing deadline

Geraldine Clahar - Friday, August 26, 2016



The tax filing deadline for Partnerships and LLC's filing as Partnerships is no longer April 15th. The new filing deadline is March 15th.  This change is effective with the tax filing for 2016.  So all Partnership returns must be filed by March 15th, 2017.  Keep this in mind.  If you cannot make the deadline for some reason, you can still obtain an extension.  Your new extension deadline will now be September 15th, six months from the due date of the return.






Contact us

Phone: (516) 483-3851

Contact us by e-mail

Hours of operation

Mon-Thurs: 9:30am-6:30pm

Fri: 9:30am-4pm

Appointments recommended.

Walk-ins are ok.

Evening appointments are available.

Office location

1188 Village Ave

Baldwin NY 11510

Conveniently located off exit 20S on the Southern State Parkway.  View map

Need An Attorney?

Maurice Maitland Law Firm

Ansonia, CT  06401
(203) 751-9070

Visit their website

G.A. Clahar, CPA  ·  1188 Village Ave., Baldwin, New York 11510  ·  Phone: (516) 483-3851